is a general name given to many different types of therapy that mainly involve talking.
The Counsellors at Peak and Dales have all trained in more than one type of Counselling, and so they are able
to choose the best approach for particular clients and issues.
There are many different reasons for coming to a Counsellor
, too many to list, but they include:
- anxiety or panic
- feeling very sad or depressed
- making a difficult decision
- low self-esteem
- dealing with a bereavement or loss
- coping with stress
- coming to terms with past experiences (which could include abuse)
- sorting out relationship difficulties
- coping with disabilities and chronic health issues
- financial problems
- problems with parenting
The difficulty may have been around for a long time, perhaps going away and coming back again repeatedly,
or it may have come up suddenly. You may know what the cause of the difficulty is, or there may be
no apparent explanation. However the problem affects you, Counselling could help you to make sense of
your experience and enable you to make positive changes.
We all work with clients from age 16 upwards, with all of the above issues, and more.